As a Bioinformatician (Associate Scientist), you support the scientists by mining data, generates and implements new ways of analyzing the data, helps to improve current analysis pipelines and is able to convert complex datasets to comprehensive graphical representations. In addition, you are responsible for (parts of) the storage, organization, security and analysis of all large biological datasets (NSG, Proteomics, etc.) generated by Scenic Biotech and provides general support for maintaining, expanding and improving the existing IT infrastructure within the company. You are able to set and plan according to timelines and to achieve milestones and predetermined deliverables.
Bioinformatician who can contribute to obtain meaningful biological insights using complex databases.
• Manages Scenic’s large biological datasets and analyzes these in a way that results in meaningful biological insights;
• Maintains and improves upon Scenic’s interactive data visualization tool;
• Designs and implements novel analyses in close communication with other Scientists involved in Scenic’s scientific projects;
• Maintains Scenic’s current IT infrastructure;
• Serves as the go-to person for wet lab scientists looking to answer specific scientific questions using complex biological datasets;
• Processes literature and keeps up with state-of-the art methods;
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities relating to analysis and visualization methods;
• Assist in the generation of figures, slide decks and reports for internal and external use;
• Generate regular reports on progress and regularly present at internal science meetings;
• Maintains accurate version control and documentation to ensure continuity and prevent redundant resource spending.
Qualifications and experience
• Preference for PhD in relevant subject such as Biology, Bioinformatics or Biostatistics and with 5+ years’ experience in a biomedical research environment;
• Thorough experience with various data analysis methods, diverse scripting languages and data visualization tools;
• Advanced knowledge and research expertise in one or several of the following areas: immunology, biochemistry, cell biology, neurobiology, molecular biology/genetics, metabolomics/glycomics/lipidomics or medicinal chemistry;
• Experience in Biotech/Pharma or related commercial environment is an advantage;
• Proven record of ability to combine informatics skills with biological insight and scientific creativity.
• Considerable tenacity, energy and drive, self-motivated and capable of setting his/her own targets;
• Broad interest and flexibility to work on diverse biological topics relevant to human disease;
• He/she is able to work and thrive in a dynamic environment;
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with great command of English. Written and spoken;
• Attention for detail and high scientific standards combined with excellent coding hygiene;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Ability to develop a clear work plan and deal with uncertainty;
• Affinity to work in a small start-up.
• Employment for 32-40 hours/week;
• A stimulating environment with the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team that together is building the company from the ground up;
• The possibility to contribute to the development of novel therapeutic products for patients;
• A competitive remuneration package, including sharing in the success of the company, and attention for personal development.
If this vacancy is the perfect next step in your career, please send your resumee and cover letter to email@example.com attn. Carola Jongerius (HR Manager) or click on ‘Jump in’!
Our timeline of the recruitment process:
– We would like to receive your application before January 20, 2020
– As off January 21, 2020 we start with the interviews