Scenic Biotech BV, a company that harnesses genetic modifiers to combat disease, is seeking a Research Assistant (RA) to strengthen its R&D team
Scenic’s approach is to create an inspiring place to work with rigorous science at its heart, and engage with the brightest people and organisations to make a real difference for patients and their families. We are looking for people who share our passion for people and science, and who wish to contribute to something bigger than themselves.
The successful candidate will work as a team member on specific drug target discovery and development program(s). He/she will actively participate in project planning and carry out wet lab experiments largely independently. The RA position is for 32-40 hours per week.
Specific responsibilities include
- Perform drug target validation experiments (e.g., cell biology/biochemistry experiments)
- Establish high throughput screening assays
- Generate mutant cell lines using CRISPR/Cas9
- Set up and perform “Cell-Seq” experiments
- Generate written and oral reports
- Flexible and highly motivated team player able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines
- Minimally HBO (BSc) level of a biomedical education with >5 years of professional wet lab experience in academic or industry environment
- Broad experience in designing, optimizing and using diverse molecular biology, cell biology and biochemical assays
- Extensive tissue culture experience
- Experience with genome editing is an advantage
- A stimulating and focused environment with the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team that together builds a new company from the ground up
- The possibility to contribute to the development of novel therapeutic products for patients
- A competitive remuneration package, incl. sharing in the success of the company
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below. The deadline is September 1 but suitable candidates may be considered earlier.